FAQs related to Directorate of Open and Distance Learning, (DODL),Dibrugarh University
1. Whether the degree acquired through distance mode is equivalent to the degree acquired through regular mode?
- The Degrees/ Diplomas/ Certificates awarded for programmes conducted by the DODL , Dibrugarh University , recognized by the erstwhile DEC/UGC, in conformity with UGC Notification on specification of Degrees is treated as equivalent to the corresponding awards of the Degree/ Diploma/ Certificate of the traditional mode of Dibrugarh University.
2. Is it compulsory to attend counselling sessions every Saturdays and Sundays?
- DODL organises counselling sessions every Saturdays and Sundays. However it is not mandatory for the learners to attend the counselling sessions.
3. Is the SLM provided by DODL sufficient for the course content?
- Knowledge is vast. No book is sufficient for acquiring knowledge. However if a learner is thorough with the SLM provided by DODL he or she will be able to pass with flying colours.
4. I have appeared in the MCQ examination this year. If I am unable to appear in the final exam do I have to appear in the MCQ again?
- No, you don’t have to. If you have filled up your examination form and you are unable to appear in your end semester examination, your marks obtained in MCQ for Internal Assessment will be carried over till the last chance of appearing in examination. But, if you do not filled in the Examination form at the same time after giving the MCQ then, you have to re appear the MCQ Examination for your IA in the next successive year.
5. Are distance students eligible for financial aid/scholarships?
- Yes, students enrolled under DODL are eligible for scholarship with certain terms and conditions.
6. Can a student seek for change of elective in the M.A final year?
- Yes, but Elective should be changed before they fill up the examination form of end term examination and subsequently the MCQ Examination for IA.
7. When the Assignment (wherever applicable) should be submitted?
- Assignment questions are uploaded in the website and learners have to submit the assignments within the stipulated time mentioned in the website.
8. Is it possible to change the examination centre?
- Yes, it is possible. Learner needs to apply for change of examination centre through the coordinators / principals of both examination centres (i.e, where from and where to) in the University prescribed format. The same has to be forwarded by the Director, DODL, DU to the Joint Registrar (Academic) of the University. Within the radius of 50 kms, the examination centre cannot be changed. Further, change of examination centre within the district is not possible. It is possible in case of between districts only.
9. How can I get updated information on results, notice, examination schedule, counseling dates etc?
10.Can learners of DODL access the Central Library?
- Yes, learners of DODL can access the Central Library but they are not allowed to borrow books till library registration is not done by them. However DODL have its own library with more than 6500 books. Learners of DODL can borrow books from DODL library.
11. Whether SLM for BA (General) is available?
- Yes. BA (General) Assamese medium SLMs are available at the DODL, DU.
12. Whether a student can pursue two degrees simultaneously?
- No. A student can opt for one degree and one certificate course (of less than one year duration) simultaneously at the same time.